Sunday, July 5, 2009

Mommy & Me: Matching Aprons

I have been wanting to do this project for the longest time, but couldn't find a free printable pattern online. Finaly I just decided to make one up on my own-and they turned out darling! Mine was a little easier to do-because I am not as squirmy as a toddler to measure. The solution to cutting the baby apron was to use one of her dresses for measurements. This provided a much easier solution and fairly accurate results. I discovered that I really love sewing without a pattern...although it sometimes doesn't work out, I learn what I need to know for the next time around. And most importantly, my little one loves it. She already loves helping me in the kitchen so this apron is perfect!
Cost: $5.00 in fabric for both aprons.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE your fabric! Where is it from?

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

So cute! Abigail has a Home Depot apron that she uses. It was free! LOL, but not nearly as cute as Caily's.

Jennifer said...

Those are darling aprons. I wish I knew how to sew.

Dasha said...

I never would've thought to use a dress as a pattern but that does make sense. One more thing to my project list. Thanks for the tip. Love your fabric by the way.

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

So, so cute!! I was wondering if you had a pattern when I saw them on your fam. blog. Ok, so I don't do well without a pattern...where do I start?! I should make Toni show me lol

LunaMoonbeam said...

I love them! They turned out SO darling...especially the ruffle on the bottom.

Isn't it liberating to hop in with no pattern? It's like a surprise that you make for yourself! LOL