Sunday, February 28, 2010
This window needed a little girly-ing up, so I got to work.I made these cushions for her window. I couldn't find a pattern or tutorial on-line or anyone who might be able to show me---so I made it up myself. I wish I would have made instructions as I went a long. Truthfully I couldn't tell you how I made it even if I tried!
I thought it needed a few cute little pillows for the sides, and my daughter agreed. In fact she helped me make them. She stuffed them herself and was SO proud. I literally used 2 dollar dish towels from the dollar section at Target. They are so easy to make!
My husband helped me with the slot shelves for her room. Before children learn to read they choose books based on the front of the cover instead of the side binding. That's why little kids dump all their books on the floor in pursuit of the "kitty" book. They need to see the front. So I wanted some sturdy library style shelves and a fraction of the cost. For the wood and brackets to install it, I payed around $13.00 for both shelves. We measured and cut the wood, painted and hung! (Email me for more elaborate details on this project.) Later I decided it needed a little more color and hand painted the flower design. Its a huge hit with my kids, and so much easier to keep organized.
Posted by The Stratton's at 6:25 PM